WOMEN FASHION POWER
DESIGN MUSEUM - 29 OCTOBER 2014 – 26 APRIL 2015
Women Fashion Power offers an unprecedented look at how princesses, models, CEOs, Dames and designers have used fashion to define and enhance their position in the world.
Lindsey Lang is proud to announce her recent collaboration with the Design Museum. A mini collection products for retail which create a running theme of pattern to promote the show. Lindsey's award winning designs are best known for their clever play with circular shapes and undulating patterns. With inspiration from the themes of the exhibition, Lindsey has created a radiant design to celebrate WOMEN FASHION POWER.
Products for the fashion-forward include: pocket mirror, set of badges, a fashion notebook, tote bag, and exclusive shoelicks. All products are available for purchase via the Design Museum shop.
"Lindsey brought her unique perspective and consideration to our project brief. She demonstrated designs and intentions clearly with a number of different approaches. She is always prompt, and was responsive with next iterations. We look forward to working with her again in the future." - April Williams Buyer Design Museum Shop
Who is Featured in the Exhibition
Each of the contemporary women featured in the exhibition is contributing an outfit for display as well as sharing their personal style philosophy. In alphabetical order, the women are:
- Genevieve Bell, Vice President of Intel Labs, Director of User Experience
- Camila Batmanghelidjh, Founder and Director of Kids Company
- Joan Burstein, Founder of Browns
- Naomi Campbell, Model
- Shami Chakrabarti, Director of Liberty
- Wei Sun Christianson, Co-CEO Morgan Stanley, Asia Pacific
- Livia Firth, Creative Director of Eco Age
- Miriam González Durántez, Partner at Dechert, wife of Deputy Prime Minister of the UK Rt Hon Nick Clegg MP
- Thea Green MBE, Founder and Managing Director of Nails Inc.
- HSH Princess Charlène of Monaco
- Dame Zaha Hadid, Founder and Director of Zaha Hadid Architects
- Anne Hidalgo, Mayor of Paris
- Roksanda Ilincic, Designer
- Qiong-er Jiang, Artistic Director of Shangxia, China
- Anna Jones, Chief Executive of Hearst Magazines UK
- Alfiya Kuanysheva, CEO of BATT, Kazakhstan
- Pearl Lam, Owner of Pearl Lam Galleries, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore
- Natalie Massenet MBE, Founder and Executive Chair of NET-A-PORTER, Chair of British Fashion Council
- Charlotte Olympia, Designer
- Julia Peyton-Jones, Director of the Serpentine Galleries
- Dame Zandra Rhodes, Designer
- Skin, Musician and lead vocalist of Skunk Anansie
- Kirsty Wark, Journalist, broadcaster and writer
- Dame Vivienne Westwood, Designer
- Morwenna Wilson, Senior Projects Director at Argent LLP
The exhibition is co-curated by fashion expert and commentator Colin McDowell and Donna Loveday, Head of Curatorial at the Design Museum. Museum shop is curated by April Williams.